We haven’t had significant rain fall in several days. Your lawn is likely going into drought stress. Here are a few ways you can help your lawn survive the drought:
- If you can water, please do so! Set your automatic sprinklers to 30-40 minutes per zone, every other day.
- If you use a hose, please water each section for an hour twice a week.
- If you cannot water, expect your lawn to start to turn darker green, then brown as it dries out.
- Your lawn tech will change your applications to accommodate the lack of water. Please do not skip applications.
- Many serious lawn issues, like surface insect damage, mimic drought stress. Chinch bugs like hot, dry soil. Their feeding makes your lawn look dry and brown. If chinch bugs are not treated, they will kill large sections of your grass. Your lawn tech will be checking for serious issues at the time of each application.
- Keep your grass long, at 3-3.5 inches when it is mown. It helps keep your lawn healthy. Also, leave your clippings down after you mow.
- If your lawn does go into drought stress, don’t panic. It should recover once we get rain again.
If you’d like more information on drought and other summer lawn issues, please click here for more detailed information.
If you have any questions or concerns, please send us an email, or call our office at 1-800-294-5296.
Did you know that SeaScape offers RI’s first certified Lawn Tech Apprenticeship Program?
SeaScape Lawn Care, the first company in RI to be recognized for having a certified Lawn Technician Apprenticeship program, is looking for new applicants! Do you know someone who is interested a career in the “Green Industry”? Someone who likes to work outside? Please contact Catherine at 401-821-7300 to ask for more information about SeaScape’s apprenticeship program.
Our Referral Program
At SeaScape, your satisfaction is our top priority. We know that every year many of our new customers come to us from the referrals of our many satisfied customers throughout RI, MA, and CT. To say “Thank You” we have developed our SeaScape Referral Rewards Program. Simply refer your friends, neighbors, co-workers and family to us! For each new customer who signs up for any of our services we will send you a $25.00 coupon.
There is no limit to the number of people you can refer.